Friday, March 11, 2011

Language learning

It has been a long time since I have started to study a new language. Spanish is the latest one which I started seven years ago. Now I am beginning to learn a new language after a long time and I have found some interesting approaches for learning a new language. I read a book of Oddbjørn by and he introduced in the book so good memorizing technique for language in his opinion that he would like to learn all the languages. Tim Ferris introduces a method to deconstruct a language and that way you can reach conversational level of a language in few months. Adam Bader suggests to use Pareto's 80/20 rule for language learning. It means that by learning the most frequent words of the language you can understand 80& of the language. For example 80% of English can be understood with 300 words because these most frequent words constitute 80% of the written or spoken English.

No comments:

Post a Comment