Thursday, October 6, 2011

Visit to the faculty

Center of Ankara
I have been now 5 days in Ankara. My tutor have been helping me a lot with settling to the city. I went to the faculty to talk about what courses I can study in Ankara. The coordinator was not there so we ran in to one professor. The professor got extremely excited for seeing a Finnish person in the faculty. He started to talk about his travels to Scandinavian countries in Turkish and in French. He even invited me and my tutor Rabia to his office to have tea with him even we did not have common language. A bit later he wanted to present me to his whole class and I was there standing in front of 100 Turkish students without much idea what he was telling to the class. I do not know if anybody have looked that excited for seeing me as this professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment