Saturday, January 9, 2016

How many calories does raw chocolate have?

Finished raw chocolate
Honey, cocoa powder and coconut oil

I have seen fitness bloggers highlighting raw chocolate in their blogs and therefore I decided to prepare some own raw chocolate. I used 70 grams of 100 % cocoa powder, 40 grams (100 ml) of coconut oil, 50 grams of honey, 100 grams of hazelnuts and 100 grams of almonds. The final result was full plate of 360 grams of raw chocolate. The taste was good and also approved by my chocolate loving friend. Then I decided to count the kilo calories (kcal) of the portion. 360 grams of raw chocolate which I prepared contained 2 372 kcal which is 658 kcal and 14 grams of protein per 100 grams. Regular milk chocolate has 545 kcal and 11 grams of protein per 100 grams. Switching regular chocolate to raw chocolate will not reduce the intake of calories. The quality of the ingredients between raw chocolate and regular chocolate is another debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment